Are You Hiring?
Is your firm, agency, or organization hiring? If so, please let us know so that we can share the opportunities with members of the Bar Association of Baltimore City. Please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will advertise the position(s), free of charge, in our Weekly Bar Review and on our website.
The Deputy Director of the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence (MNADV) plays a crucial role as a strategic and solution-oriented partner within the organization. This position involves conceptualizing and managing complex project plans across various program areas. The Deputy Director acts as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director, contributing to effective decision-making, managing project budgets, and coordinating relationship-building efforts. Moreover, they take the lead in executing strategic programmatic initiatives. Additionally, the Deputy Director provides invaluable guidance, mentoring, and professional development to the Training and Technical Assistance Team, Lethality Assessment Program, and the Digital Marketing & Communications Specialist. This collaborative leader ensures seamless coordination among teams by setting timelines, deliverables, and assignments, fostering a culture of close collaboration for achieving shared goals within MNADV.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that advance the mission and vision of MNADV.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in setting organizational goals and priorities and ensure effective communication and alignment of efforts.
- Actively participate in state-level coalitions and committees to represent MNADV’s interests and build partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate program outcomes and impact, utilizing data-driven approaches to inform decision-making and enhance program effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and support to staff in evaluating training needs, designing curricula, and implementing innovative training methodologies.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular meetings with key staff to foster collaboration, share best practices, and address challenges.
- Identify potential funding opportunities, develop grant proposals, and maintain relationships with current and potential funders.
- Oversee compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local regulations and reporting requirements, including grant reporting.
- Represent MNADV in media and public relations events, including interviews, press conferences, and public speaking engagements as needed.
- Assist in cultivating a diverse and inclusive organizational culture that values equity and fosters professional growth and development.
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience, including the ability to motivate and empower teams.
- Familiarity with trauma-informed approaches and best practices in working with survivors of domestic violence.
- Knowledge of public policy and legislative advocacy related to domestic violence and violence against women.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, budget development, and resource allocation.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to address complex issues and identify opportunities for organizational growth and impact.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing and communications strategies and their application in a nonprofit setting.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience working in a statewide coalition, domestic violence service provider or similar network is highly advantageous.
- Position is 100% virtual, but close proximity to Annapolis, MD is preferred.
- Position is on-site, 40 hours per week.
- Health benefits available.
- Paid holidays. Paid leave is accrued (sick and vacation).
- Reimbursement for national and statewide travel.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Resume and cover letter should be directed to Jenn Pollitt Hill, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Secretary — Immediate Opening
Small downtown criminal defense law firm looking for a full-time secretary. Duties include answering phones, typing emails, checking the status of cases, and updating client files. Must have very good computer skills, excellent grammar and spelling, and knowledge of the court’s electronic filing system. Also must have a pleasant personality to communicate with clients and their families. Only secretaries apply.
Salary: $33,800/year ($650/week) plus holidays. Parking provided. Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Resume and references required.
Review the website for the firm’s information: www.paulkramerlaw.com. For more information call Paul Kramer at 410-727-5531 (office) or 410-440-2919.
Attorney Advisor (Multiple Positions)
The US Social Security Administration’s Baltimore National Hearing Center and Baltimore National Case Assistance Center have several openings for Attorney Advisors at the GS-11/12 level.
Attorney Advisors assist SSA Administrative Law Judges with many duties including legal research, drafting decisions, and advising on law, policy, and regulations affecting claims filed under Titles II and XVI of the Act. In many instances, issues may relate to matters of State law (e.g., intestate succession, family law, workers’ compensation, etc.) or Federal law.
Interested attorneys should contact Baltimore National Hearing Center Chief Judge Jeffrey Mastin at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Trusts & Estates Attorney
Markham Law Firm, a growing family law and award-winning firm with offices in Bethesda, MD and Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Trusts & Estates attorney to join their talented team. This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate with a passion for personal and professional growth to expand their practice to new heights as a practice team leader. Markham Law Firm is looking for a candidate who is capable of independent handling of their caseload. Join Markham Law Firm to grow professionally and become part of a team that wants to help you succeed in your professional and personal goals.
The Trusts and Estates Attorney will work closely with Markham Law Firm team to grow this new practice area. Preferred candidates will have a track record of exemplary work in the field of Trusts and Estates and be active in local professional organizations.
- Draft estate planning documents (e.g., wills, trust agreements, powers of attorney, advance medical directives, deeds etc.).
- Prepare probate filings (petitions for probate, inventories, accounts, inheritance tax returns and petitions for assorted relief).
- Prepare various correspondence with clients, financial institutions, insurance companies, Register of Wills Offices, and government agencies.
- Trust administration (i.e., prepare accountings, prepare, track, and pay trust expenses, track and pay trust distributions, facilitate the filing of trust tax returns).
- Maintain client relationships by communicating (via email and telephone) often with clients and explaining complex legal concepts to them. Keep clients informed of the status of their case. at all times.
- Organize online and paper files. Case status and task status are updated on Asana regularly.
- Ability to work on and organize multiple matters at the same time.
- Attend, lead and/or organize CLEs, bar association events, business development and networking functions with firm members and solo.
- Prepare blog posts and assist in writing and researching articles.
- Perform all other legal-related tasks as requested.
- Train and supervise paralegals and law clerks on matters.
- Participate and contribute actively to firm marketing and business development.
The candidate must:
- Possess a growth mindset personally and professionally.
- Genuinely like working with people, with empathy and patience.
- Demonstrate client relationship skills including the ability to lead in-person client meetings.
- Embrace service-oriented problem solving, taking the initiative to act quickly and decisively when a client experiences a problem that requires a prompt solution.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort and skill in speaking with clients and other professionals.
- Possess the ability to understand that clients have different styles and needs and adapt accordingly.
- Exercise sound judgment, high integrity, trustworthiness, and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Critical attention to detail, the ability to manage a large case load, strong math skills and an understanding of basic estate and tax concepts.
- Create the best version of work and carefully check before submission to make certain work is correct and free of typos (i.e., dates, places, relief requests, etc.).
- Not be afraid to ask questions or to collaborate on finding a solution for a problem.
- Interest in advancing knowledge of relevant law through taking on new challenges and regularly attending CLEs.
- Being willing to step outside comfort zone to take on new challenges.
- Promote the firm within their network, personally, virtually, and on social media, to lay foundation for business development.
- Must be good at working in a team environment and take constructive criticism.
- Employer-provided medical, dental, and vision insurance (50% company paid for the employee only)
- 401(k) plan with 3% safe harbor contributions
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Opportunity for performance bonuses
- Paid parking
- Generous paid parental leave
- Hybrid in office 2-3 days a week
- Opportunity to office out of our Bethesda or Washington, DC (Glover Park) locations
Required Education and Work Experience:
- JD from accredited law school
- 8+ years of estate planning/trust administration
- Active member in good standing with the Maryland and D.C. bar (or ability to waive in a plus)
Salary: $100,000 – $130,000 dependent upon billable hours and origination
All inquires held in strict confidence
Please send your resume, writing sample, 3 references and cover letter to Jennifer Campbell-Adams email@example.com
Personal Injury Paralegal
Diva Law, LLC is a boutique law firm in Baltimore City that specializes in personal injury cases. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Personal Injury Paralegal to join our team. As a Paralegal at Diva Law, LLC, you will work under the direction of our attorneys to support our clients and their cases. The ideal candidate should have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Conduct case research and investigation
- Request medical records, bills, and health insurance liens
- Review and summarize medical records and other documents
- Draft pleadings, discovery, and other legal documents
- Assist attorneys in preparing for trial and other legal proceedings
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, and insurance adjusters
- Perform other duties as assigned by attorneys
- At least 1 year of experience working as a Paralegal in personal injury law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and legal case management software
Health insurance, parking, and other perks that come along with working at a small firm.
Please apply by sending a resume, cover letter, and references via email to Divya Potdar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Law Offices of Stacey B. Rice LLC, an Annapolis family law firm, is seeking to hire an associate attorney with or without family law experience, but with a strong interest in practicing family law. Areas of practice would include child custody and support, divorce, property division, protective orders, pre-nuptial agreements, and all other family law issues. Candidate must have strong communication and writing skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates, please forward your resume and a cover letter to: Samantha Posner, Esq. at email@example.com
Tangled Title Staff Attorney – Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service
The Tangled Title Staff Attorney is part of the housing and consumer law team and is responsible for the My Home, My Deed, My Legacy Campaign. This campaign focuses on securing and maintaining housing and community stabilization by ensuring that low-income homeowners can maintain their housing and successfully pass it on to their next generation. Seeking a highly motivated and organized individual with excellent legal and communication skills to assist MVLS in providing direct representation as well as extensive support to volunteer attorneys with estate administration and deed matters.
Salary: $55,000 – $65,000 commensurate on experience
Three health insurance plans to choose from (MVLS fully covers the monthly premium), dental and vision insurance, a flexible spending plan to reimburse employees with pre-tax dollars for out of pocket medical expenses, group life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, a 403(b) retirement plan with a 2% match and the possibility of an additional contribution from MVLS, a monthly commuter stipend equal to the value of an MTA pass, and generous paid vacation and sick leave.
Please email cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Tangled Title Attorney.” Applicants are encouraged to address the core values stated at the top of the job description in their cover letters.
MVLS generally begins scheduling interviews after the four week application window has ended. The full job description is available at https://mvlslaw.org/about-us/careers/
Assistant State’s Attorney
The Office of the State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County is seeking an experienced prosecutor to fill an Assistant State’s Attorney position with the Special Victims and Family Violence Unit to work with local, state, and federal law enforcement authorities to investigate and prosecute crimes related to domestic violence, child physical and sexual abuse; sexual assault; child pornography and human sex and labor trafficking. It is an exempt position, meaning the position is a political appointment and serves at the pleasure of the State’s Attorney.
This is a lateral position that requires:
- License to practice in the State of Maryland
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of law, including court procedures and legal research methods and sources; Ability to handle a high volume court docket involving a variety of complex cases effectively
- Ability to interview victims and witnesses to gather information, research relevant case law and codes for applicability to varying legal issues, determine appropriate sentence recommendations and guidelines, and to develop strategies and theories for effective case prosecution
- Ability to draft and prepare a variety of legal documents, including but not limited to briefs, motions and legal memoranda
- Coordination with other County and State agencies that provide assistance, protection and services to victims and witnesses
- Participation in community engagement initiatives
- Reviewing criminal charging documents and providing direction to law enforcement during investigations
- Interviewing witnesses
- Guiding criminal investigations, including complex, proactive investigations
- Complying with discovery obligations
- Drafting indictments, pleadings, and other court filings
- Preparing cases to be presented in court
- Drafting and arguing pre-trial and post-trial motions; and clearly and logically presenting facts and evidence to a judge or jury during trial
Candidates must have graduated from an accredited law school, and be licensed to practice law in the state of Maryland. Additionally, candidates must have a minimum of three to four (3-4) years of litigation experience and the ability to work independently.
If interested please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to: Human Resources Manager, Office of the State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County, SAOHumanresources@co.pg.md.us.
We are seeking a motivated Mid-Level to Senior Associate Attorney to join the Godwin Tirocchi team!
In this position, you will represent clients in legal proceedings, draft legal documents, and advise clients on issues related to insurance defense and workers’ compensation law. This position involves frequent litigation before administrative agencies, state trial courts, and state appellate courts. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience litigating general liability and/or workers’ compensation. This position requires admission to the Maryland Bar (DC Bar and Virginia Bar licensure or eligibility is preferred).
Located in Ellicott City, Maryland, Godwin Tirocchi consists of a dynamic team of attorneys with an expanding defense practice. Our firm represents clients at the state and federal levels in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Our trial attorneys have extensive experience before juries and in administrative hearings and appellate proceedings. We emphasize a balance between aggressively defending claims while being conscientious of efficiency and limiting costs to our clients.
- Represent clients in administrative proceedings, court appearances, depositions, and trials;
- Draft and prepare legal pleadings and motions on behalf of clients;
- Advise clients on issues related to insurance defense and workers’ compensation law;
- Participate in mediations and negotiate settlements of legal matters; and
- Assist with preparing marketing materials and participate in marketing events for the firm.
- 3 to 5 years of practice in the field of litigation or a related field;
- Licensed to practice law in Maryland, and, preferably, in DC and/or Virginia;
- Experience handling workers’ compensation hearings and/or District Court trials;
- Experience drafting trial pleadings and propounding and responding to written discovery;
- Experience taking and defending depositions; and
- Strong analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits: a generous benefits package is available including health, dental, and vision insurance benefits; a Simple IRA plan; remote working capabilities; bar license and membership fees; and other benefits. Competitive base compensation with bonuses based upon performance.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and writing sample to email@example.com. All inquiries will remain strictly confidential.
Senior Legal Services Intern (Part-time)
Senior Legal Services is seeking a motivated legal intern to join their team and gain valuable experience in the legal field.
- Assist with client intake
- Draft legal documents related to estate planning
- Opportunity to gain experience in court/litigation, particularly with housing cases
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a law program
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Availability to work Monday and Wednesday
- Passion for providing legal assistance to those in need
This internship is unpaid, but it offers networking opportunities and guidance from experienced legal professionals.
If you are passionate about making a difference through legal services and want to enhance your skills, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Andrew Rabinowitz at: ARabinowitz@baltimorebar.org.
Senior Legal Services is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Godwin Tirocchi is seeking a Paralegal to join our litigation team!
Job duties will include preparing legal documents to include pleadings, subpoenas, discovery, exhibits and hearing/trial binders, fact investigation and corresponding with clients in general liability and/or workers’ compensation defense matters . We are seeking a motivated individual who has excellent critical thinking and organizational skills with a desire to be part of a collaborative and dynamic team of legal professionals.
Godwin Tirocchi offers a flexible work environment, with options for remote work. Casual dress code with a collaborative and team-oriented environment. Free on-site parking in our Ellicott City office. Generous benefit package is available including PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, a Simple IRA plan, STD, LTD, and life insurance, and other benefits. Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, with bonuses based upon performance.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will remain strictly confidential.
Godwin Tirocchi is seeking a motivated Law Clerk to join our team!
In this position, you will work directly with litigation partners to hone and develop your legal analysis and writing skills while assisting in the preparation of cases before administrative agencies, state trial courts, and state appellate courts in the area of general liability defense and workers’ compensation litigation. Job duties will include performing legal research, analysis and writing, preparing memos and legal documents to include pleadings, motions, discovery, exhibits and hearing/trial binders. This position includes the opportunity to observe depositions, hearings and/trials and participate in the firm’s internal mentorship program. We are seeking a motivated individual who has excellent critical thinking and organizational skills with a desire to be part of a collaborative and dynamic team of legal professionals. Godwin Tirocchi represents clients in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Our trial attorneys have extensive experience before juries and in administrative hearings and appellate proceedings.
Godwin Tirocchi offers a flexible work environment, with options for remote work. Casual dress code with a collaborative and team-oriented environment. Compensation commensurate with experience.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and writing sample to email@example.com.