Are You Hiring?
Is your firm, agency, or organization hiring? If so, please let us know so that we can share the opportunities with members of the Bar Association of Baltimore City. Please send information to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will advertise the position(s), free of charge, in our Weekly Bar Review and on our website.
Senior Legal Services (SLS) seeks a full-time Director. Candidate must be an attorney.
Senior Legal Services (“SLS”) is a joint program of The Bar Association of Baltimore City and the Baltimore Bar Foundation. SLS provides vital pro bono legal services to low-income seniors, aged 60 and over, in Baltimore City. We advise and represent clients on a broad range of civil legal matters, including estate planning, consumer and debt collection issues, landlord/tenant disputes, housing matters, foreclosure prevention, probate, and guardianship. The mission of SLS is to provide quality legal services to an underserved population at risk of losing resources to empower them to age in place and thrive in their community.
Job Duties Include:
- Supervise ~5 staff in a practice focused on poverty concerns of low-income Baltimore City residents aged 60 and older with an emphasis on advance planning, housing retention, and elder justice.
- Manage all aspects of non-profit civil legal services practice with an eye toward providing equal access to justice in light of historical disparity of opportunity.
- Manage grants administration for annual budget of ~$300,000 to ensure compliance with conditions of a variety of federal, state, and foundation grants.
- Engage with local bench, bar, and partner organizations to foster positive image and working relationships.
- Familiarity with legal basics in the following areas: Baltimore City landlord/tenant, estate planning, peace/protective orders, civil procedure especially as to the Baltimore City District Court.
- 3 years litigation experience
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Experience with grant writing/compliance
- Ability to effectively communicate complex legal issues to unsophisticated parties.
- Experience working with indigent populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to pro bono or public interest work.
- Ability to travel to various locations around Baltimore City.
- All candidates must be barred in Maryland.
Compensation & Benefits
The following benefits package is provided:
- One (1) week vacation after the first six months of employment, Two (2) weeks after the first year of employment,
- Seven (7) personal days/year,
- Twelve (12) holidays per year,
- Health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, after three month probationary period,
- SIMPLE IRA plan with 3% employer match, after one year of employment,
- Working travel mileage reimbursement and paid parking.
Email a resume cover letter, and writing sample to: email@example.com, with the subject line: “SLS Director Application” for consideration. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
SLS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, nationality, ethnicity, age, religion, disability status, sex assigned at birth, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, or immigration status.
Assistant State’s Attorney
The Office of the State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County is seeking an experienced prosecutor to fill an Assistant State’s Attorney position with the Special Victims and Family Violence Unit to work with local, state, and federal law enforcement authorities to investigate and prosecute crimes related to domestic violence, child physical and sexual abuse; sexual assault; child pornography and human sex and labor trafficking. It is an exempt position, meaning the position is a political appointment and serves at the pleasure of the State’s Attorney.
This is a lateral position that requires:
- License to practice in the State of Maryland
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of law, including court procedures and legal research methods and sources; Ability to handle a high volume court docket involving a variety of complex cases effectively
- Ability to interview victims and witnesses to gather information, research relevant case law and codes for applicability to varying legal issues, determine appropriate sentence recommendations and guidelines, and to develop strategies and theories for effective case prosecution
- Ability to draft and prepare a variety of legal documents, including but not limited to briefs, motions and legal memoranda
- Coordination with other County and State agencies that provide assistance, protection and services to victims and witnesses
- Participation in community engagement initiatives
- Reviewing criminal charging documents and providing direction to law enforcement during investigations
- Interviewing witnesses
- Guiding criminal investigations, including complex, proactive investigations
- Complying with discovery obligations
- Drafting indictments, pleadings, and other court filings
- Preparing cases to be presented in court
- Drafting and arguing pre-trial and post-trial motions; and clearly and logically presenting facts and evidence to a judge or jury during trial
Candidates must have graduated from an accredited law school, and be licensed to practice law in the state of Maryland. Additionally, candidates must have a minimum of three to four (3-4) years of litigation experience and the ability to work independently.
If interested please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to: Human Resources Manager, Office of the State’s Attorney for Prince George’s County, SAOHumanresources@co.pg.md.us.
Associate Attorney Position
We are seeking a motivated Mid-Level to Senior Associate Attorney to join the Godwin Tirocchi team!
In this position, you will represent clients in legal proceedings, draft legal documents, and advise clients on issues related to insurance defense and workers’ compensation law. This position involves frequent litigation before administrative agencies, state trial courts, and state appellate courts. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience litigating general liability and/or workers’ compensation. This position requires admission to the Maryland Bar (DC Bar and Virginia Bar licensure or eligibility is preferred).
Located in Ellicott City, Maryland, Godwin Tirocchi consists of a dynamic team of attorneys with an expanding defense practice. Our firm represents clients at the state and federal levels in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Our trial attorneys have extensive experience before juries and in administrative hearings and appellate proceedings. We emphasize a balance between aggressively defending claims while being conscientious of efficiency and limiting costs to our clients.
- Represent clients in administrative proceedings, court appearances, depositions, and trials;
- Draft and prepare legal pleadings and motions on behalf of clients;
- Advise clients on issues related to insurance defense and workers’ compensation law;
- Participate in mediations and negotiate settlements of legal matters; and
- Assist with preparing marketing materials and participate in marketing events for the firm.
- 3 to 5 years of practice in the field of litigation or a related field;
- Licensed to practice law in Maryland, and, preferably, in DC and/or Virginia;
- Experience handling workers’ compensation hearings and/or District Court trials;
- Experience drafting trial pleadings and propounding and responding to written discovery;
- Experience taking and defending depositions; and
- Strong analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits: a generous benefits package is available including health, dental, and vision insurance benefits; a Simple IRA plan; remote working capabilities; bar license and membership fees; and other benefits. Competitive base compensation with bonuses based upon performance.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will remain strictly confidential.
Godwin Tirocchi is seeking a Paralegal to join our litigation team!
Job duties will include preparing legal documents to include pleadings, subpoenas, discovery, exhibits and hearing/trial binders, fact investigation and corresponding with clients in general liability and/or workers’ compensation defense matters . We are seeking a motivated individual who has excellent critical thinking and organizational skills with a desire to be part of a collaborative and dynamic team of legal professionals.
Godwin Tirocchi offers a flexible work environment, with options for remote work. Casual dress code with a collaborative and team-oriented environment. Free on-site parking in our Ellicott City office. Generous benefit package is available including PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance benefits, a Simple IRA plan, STD, LTD, and life insurance, and other benefits. Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, with bonuses based upon performance.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. All inquiries will remain strictly confidential.
LAW CLERK Position
Godwin Tirocchi is seeking a motivated Law Clerk to join our team!
In this position, you will work directly with litigation partners to hone and develop your legal analysis and writing skills while assisting in the preparation of cases before administrative agencies, state trial courts, and state appellate courts in the area of general liability defense and workers’ compensation litigation. Job duties will include performing legal research, analysis and writing, preparing memos and legal documents to include pleadings, motions, discovery, exhibits and hearing/trial binders. This position includes the opportunity to observe depositions, hearings and/trials and participate in the firm’s internal mentorship program. We are seeking a motivated individual who has excellent critical thinking and organizational skills with a desire to be part of a collaborative and dynamic team of legal professionals. Godwin Tirocchi represents clients in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Our trial attorneys have extensive experience before juries and in administrative hearings and appellate proceedings.
Godwin Tirocchi offers a flexible work environment, with options for remote work. Casual dress code with a collaborative and team-oriented environment. Compensation commensurate with experience.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.